Monday, 31 October 2016

NaNoWriMo 2016 Starts Tonight!


Guess what I'm going to do during November? Cry and wail and break my fingers because I'm shit at writing. Well, I'm not shit, per-say, but I'm shit at actually sitting down and doing the work. This is my first year trying NaNo because why not? Why not torture myself into quitting all procrastination and actually being a productive human being for once?

Nah, but really, I'm looking forward to this. I've never done NaNoWriMo before, and I didn't even know what it was this time last year, and when I eventually did learn what it was I got ants-in-my-pantser-pants excited for it to come around again so I could join in.

And now it's happening. Tonight. At 12am. 

Fuck.

But I'm holding myself accountable, I'm letting you guys know what I'm doing so that everyone can either cheer me on or beat me with a stick if I even attempt to give up. I'm trying the whole 50'000 words with a book of prose/poetry. 

I'm gonna die.

I'll be writing posts once a week with a wrap-up of all my NaNo related thoughts throughout the week, so watch out for that!

Make sure you follow me on Twitter to get a front-screen seat to all the crying and wailing. And if any of you are joining in too, make sure you Buddy Up with me on the NaNo site and talk to me on Twitter. Let's be writer friends!

Hopefully I'll come out of November alive and with a book under my cyber-belt. Tell me about your plans (and any tips for me so I don't die - I need them. Really.)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! It's my first year doing Nano as well (I've just added you as a buddy!) and I'm so excited... but also a bit nervous! But I think that even if I don't hit 50,000 I'll have done more than I would have otherwise, and it's so fun seeing everyone else doing the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the beauty of NaNoWriMo, even if you don't get the 50'000 you've still got something to show for it at the end!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...