Monday, 31 October 2016

October 2016 Wrap Up


It's that time of the month (no not that one), so it's wrap-up time. I read 11 books this month! Go me! 8 physical books and 3 ebooks. So let's get cracking on.

3 Star Reads



All three of these were good but not amazing. I read the Hunger Games trilogy as ebooks and you can read a post about that here.

4 Star Reads



All of these were great! The Book of Lost Things and Bird Box were definitely good choices for this Halloween season, being creepy and disturbing. Columbine was creepy and disturbing in another way entirely, being a really great non-fiction book about the tragedy. It's one of the best non-fiction books I've read. The Hunger Games trilogy picked up in the last 2 books although I wasn't sold on the ending, and The Silver Linings Playbook and Highly Illogical Behavior were both brilliant books with storylines centering around mental illness, though HIB is YA and TSLPB is Adult.

Unrated Read



This was a harrowing, brilliant read, and I talked in my Goodreads review about how I wouldn't rate it.

On the Blog

So this is my first full month after making this blog, and I feel like I'm doing okay. What do you guys think? I've tried book blogging before but I didn't keep it up as long as this, so really I'm a total newbie with no experience. It's been really fun though, I'm enjoying it a lot and I have no doubts about continuing. So here I'm just going to quickly wrap up my posts from this month.

Reviews


Top Ten Tuesdays


Top Five Wednesdays


Others


And that's that! Let me know if you guys have read any of the books I have this month, or if you've done any of the TTT or T5W posts! And of course let me know if you're doing NaNoWriMo so I'm not alone in my suffering.

3 comments:

  1. I also gave Columbine 4 stars. I read this in June. It was a good book; although unsettling.

    http://4thelvofreading.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Night destroyed me, but in the most hauntingly necessary way. It was one of my first real reads about what happened to the Jewish people. Changed my damn life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first book I read about the Holocaust was The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas but that was when I was a kid, and not on the kind of level this was, although they both made me cry very fat tears.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...